Wednesday, July 31, 2002

She is staggering

At That Evil Place: Lo and behold, a lonely copy of Mirah's "You Think It's Like This But Really It's Like This". Totally made my day.

Also found: The Rondelles' Shined Nickels and Loose Change

Waiting for: Polaris' Music from the Adventures of Pete and Pete



Pete and Pete practically saved my life. For five months after grad (during which I didn't have a life outside of Pete and Pete), I would be the quintessential couch potato every afternoon at 3 pm when they played the reruns on Nickelodeon. The big black couch in the living room (in my parents' house in Bacolod) would be mine, all mine, for exactly thirty minutes. And I would clutch my junk food of the week and headbang to Apples in Stereo, Luscious Jackson, Magnetic Fields, Polaris or whatever cool band as the credits rolled. Ah, those were the days.

"Waiting for October...I cross my fingers cross my heart and hope to die..." - Waiting for October by Polaris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home