Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Frappuccino



i got to work at 8:30 today. had breakfast at mcdonald's because i didn't want to be too early. practically shoved my sausage mcmuffin into my mouth, and was at my desk at five to nine, screaming "i maaaade iiiiit!!!!" The Boss beamed at me: "yes, you did." i went to sleep at 11 pm last night. big improvement over my usual 1:30 am. i was late three days out of four last week. in college, with two weeks of classes to go before the end of the semester, my philo 102 teacher told me i had 8.5 cuts out of nine. after that, i was in the classroom every single day at 7 am. for two weeks. it's true. you can check my yearbook. i listed it under biggest accomplishments. i suppose, perhaps, i have a slight problem with punctuality.

i tried to get through the day with the minimum amount of caffeine. i only had a bottled mocha frappuccino in the morning instead of my usual medium black two sugars on the side. by the middle of the day, i was cranky, disoriented and edgy. swerving to avoid the camera crews, i raced to starbucks to get something, anything, with caffeine. i'm thinking, i should probably try to quit. not cold turkey, mind you. maybe i can start with dark, and then maybe, in two weeks, regular. and then, maybe, a small light one sugar. blech!

"Where is my mind?...where?..." - where is my mind by the pixies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home