Sunday, July 21, 2002

Are you getting lots of action? I hope so

Is it healthy to always be wanting to change your blog's title? I sure don't think so. The folks over at nycbloggers might be slightly irritated if I ask them one more time to change my info. As it is, my blog is currently listed twice for the same stop, with different titles and URLs.

I had a blog months ago that I was just doing for myself. But then, my friend The Goddess of Graphics Design sent me a bundle of CDs and I started toying around with some fonts in ImageReady. I found this cute font called Chick, and I thought it would be a cool gif to put on a page, so tadaa! And that is how my blog came to be called That Chick - a chick and her wacky ideas, which I realize now sounds slightly stupid. I know my layout sucks and all that, but I'm not in a hurry to make it look better.

Anyway, this is supposed to be my happy post for the week. I went to Six Flags with some friends and my cousins this week-end. I only went on the chicken rides because it was a red letter day and I wasn't feeling all that good (no to mention that I'm chicken). But the highlight of my day was winning a 4-foot red-and-yellow dragon with sparkly wings for shooting a ring in a bottle neck. And he is HUGE. It was one of those games where you get a bucket of small hoops for $5 and you have to shoot one in the neck of a bottle to get a prize. Now let me make me this clear. I have NEVER won anything in a game my whole entire life! I suck at these things. But suddenly there it was: my hoop in a bottle neck and the attendant asking me to pick a prize. "Anything?," I said, my eyes as big as the dragon's.

Of course, we (me and my good, kind, wonderful friends) had to drag Horace all over the place and in a few months, I just might realize there is some truth to a jealous lady's statement that he's "just a dust collector". But here he is now, in our little apartment, out of place but nevertheless a testament that all things are quite possibly possible.

"Let's do all the things you said..." - "Murphy Bed" by Mirah

*By the way, I also won two little chicks (!) for shooting two balls in the blue holes. I'm on a roll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home