Thursday, July 31, 2008

A couple of things



    The other day, during lunch hour, we spied a long, ship-like yacht cruising along the Hudson River. On board were a helicopter just getting ready for takeoff, two boats, and tons of people who looked like they were having fun. We squinted and saw it was called The Highlander. The writing on the helicopter was too small to see. But if we had been able to read it, it would most probably have said "Forbes". The Highlander has a crew of fourteen and is capable of worldwide sailing. Besides the two boats and the chopper, it has two BMW motorcycles on board, too, just in case its high-profile guests fancy a spin. Eighteen 14-oz tins of Beluga caviar are served every season on the Highlander. So, yeah. Just another playground for the rich and famous.

    My new favorite beer is Negra Modelo, It's a dark Mexican beer that is actually a Vienna lager. It's best to drink it super cold with a soft chicken taco on the side.

    Last week-end I helped to babysit not one but two! kids - a toddler and an infant. At first I was a little worried because I know zip about children, but by the end of the week-end I not only changed diapers for the first time ever, I also changed enough to be able to do it with my eyes closed. On Sunday morning at 6 am when I woke up because the toddler started screaming and got into bed with us, I lost what little maternal instinct I have. But when I was pretending to fall asleep in the faint hope that he would, he drew the blinds open and declared, "It's a beautiful day!" and that made it so.

2 Comments:

Blogger chocoliya said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! =)

1:26 AM  
Blogger dreyers said...

happy birthday melai!!! "all the love in the world" to quote the corrs. hahaha. be happy!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home