Thursday, March 04, 2004

The universe is a strange but wonderful place

All week, I've whined and been grouchy and snapped at people. Well, today, stepping out into a rainy Thursday morning, I found a possum hiding behind the giant flowerpot by my door. Actually, the landlord had already called earlier to warn us about him. The guy downstairs popped out of his apartment to warn me too, as I started to open the door. "Be careful!," they said, as if this huge, furry monster would suddenly pounce on me as I stepped out the door. But there he was - a harmless, shivering possum snuggling into the flowerpot for whatever warmth it could offer him. We stole glances at each other as I warily made my way down the stairs, but anyone could see he was just as scared of me.

So here I am cursing the stars for my poor, unfortunate soul and the universe says, behold this possum. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I have never ever seen a possum before, and I felt like I was gliding through the city all day.

He was gone when I came back home from work.

{Watch the Girl Destroy Me, Possum Dixon}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home