Friday, December 13, 2002

Strike that

Yay. Watched Flower Drum Song yesterday. It was lovely. I've forgotten how truly beautiful Lea Salonga's voice is. Casting was really good: all the actors (Jose Llana, Sandra Allen, Randall Duk Kim, Jodi Long, etc.) really fit the characters. Alvin Ing, who played Wang Ta in the original Flower Drum Song, played Chin. The only spoiler was that we missed the prologue. My sister's friend, who had our tickets, was stuck in traffic. It was embarrassing, but we were ushered very discreetly to our seats.

I was supposed to see Mamma Mia last Saturday. Unfortunately, I woke up a little late (just as the show was starting), so I wasn't able to make it. Anyway, it was a company luncheon thingy and I was feeling a bit anti-social.

My boss just faxed me additional transit strike info. I hope it doesn't push through. New York's transportation system is really one of the things that makes it work. It'll be total chaos. I'd have to take a cab, a ferry, maybe elbow a person or two thousand at Pier 11, and walk to my building. And 299,672 people will be doing the same. What a perfect time to be not psychic and schedule my day off today instead of Monday.

{Why Can't We Be Friends, War} - Who did the Kodak version?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home