Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I don't give a...

The thing about Houston is that everything is so far away. Spent half of the week-end driving, rather riding, on the freeway at 90 mph, clinging to my seatbelt, checking the rearview mirror for cops.

My cousin's wedding was beautiful. The ceremony itself was so touching. Another cousin said if everybody heard what the pastor said, the divorce rate would be much, much lower. Basically he said that when you get married, everything else becomes second priority to your spouse, except God. Your main concern is to make sure that your spouse is happy. Most marital problems stem from self-centeredness, he said. If couples would put their spouse first, then the marriage would be relatively wrinkle-free.

That's why I really can't tolerate infidelity in a marriage. For me, it's just such a serious commitment. If you were going to mess it up, then why even get into it in the first place. You shouldn't have gotten married if you're going to go behind your wife's back taking a girl half your age to seedy motels. I have even less to say to girls who go out with married men. I think that's the lowest of the low you can do, besides murder. Who do you think you are, taking this man away from his wife and kids. I know it's really judgmental of me, but I just can't stand liars and adulterers. When I'm married, even if I get attracted to other people, I hope I have the strength and decency to look away and remain true, because I promised to. Well, hopefully I've made sure before then that I'm married to the only person I want to be married to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home