Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You Don't Send Me



1. You Don't Send Me (Belle and Sebastian) - "Listen honey, there is nothing you can do to offend me anymore. You don’t send me anymore."

2. Heard 'Em Say (Kanye West) - I hate people who just love to hear themselves talk, but Kanye is real genius. I listened to this song for about two weeks straight.

3. D'yer Mak'er (Sheryl Crow) - My Encomium (Led Zep tribute album) tape was my absolute favorite in high school. I listened to it all the time but stayed away from the album cover because it had these creepy eyes that followed you wherever you went.

4. Hooray (Minus the Bear) - "This is all we want. Time to be with us, a home to lift the cold." Lyrics like poetry and the beat is so jumpy-cheery.

5. A Time for Emily (The Elected) - Awww. "The death of this mess finally came around with no relief this year." And I just happen to like the name Emily.

6. Thread (Opsvik & Jennings) - Bass & beats. Electronica & pop. Oslo & Oklahoma.

7. Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime (Beck) - Oh Beck, I too need your lovin' like the sunshine.

8. Wise Up (Aimee Mann) - Wise advice.

9. Ache for You (Ben Lee) - "There's no rhyme and there's no reason. You're the secret in the back of my skull."

10. Dead from the Waist Down (Catatonia) - Old song from an old bootleg that I got one week-end from a guy selling CDs outside one of the UP dorms. My favorite part is when she sings, "We're d from the w down."

11. Winning the Battle, Losing the War (Kings of Convenience) - Besides being able to write heartbreaking lyrics and beautiful melodies, Erlend and Eirik are also achingly cute.

12. Row (Jon Brion) - My favorite song on the ESOTM soundtrack. To me, it means resignation, resolve and finality, like saying, "That's it. No more."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home