Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You don't send me anymore

I saw Thank You for Smoking at BAM, my favorite cinema, last Friday. Well, it's everything you could ask for in a movie. It's funny and smart but not totally unforgettable, kind of like the guy you had a big crush on in college.

Part of the fun of watching it was William Macy and his natural talent for comedy, even if cast in an antagonist role. It's funny, but I always end up, by chance, watching movies with a common actor in succession. A while ago I also saw Friends With Money and The Good Girl and Fargo (Jennifer Aniston and Frances McDormand). Frances McDormand has got to be the most charming pregnant sherriff in movie history. By the way, is it just me or has anyone noticed the staggering number of pregnant women nowadays? They're everywhere. On the subway, at Duane Reade, as you're turning the corner towards Starbucks. I've been to two showers already. I tell you, it's another baby boom.

Oh, you know the most (sort of) endearing dramatic change in an actor as seen in two movies? Bud Cort in Harold and Maude and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home