Friday, May 21, 2004

Goodbyes suck

Today I had to say goodbye to some people at work who are moving to another location - people who I've seen every weekday for eight hours or more for two and a half years. We all swore we'd visit each other. One girl and I promised to do lunch some time but I know we probably never will. I'll miss them so much. Although we just exchange casual office banter most of the time, it'll feel really weird without them. I had to pack up my desk too, because we're moving to another floor. It's funny how when I first started working there I refused to put personal stuff in my desk. I always told myself it would be temporary. While packing my desk today, I found a sewing kit, toothpaste, about ten dollars worth of quarters and pennies and more stuff I've amassed over the years. I've settled in. On the train I read the part about Alex's dream about playing an instrument made of skin protruding from his belly about fifty times. I felt so bad that I went straight to the deli as soon as I got off. And now I'm eating Guacamole Doritos and a pint of Ben & Jerry's (none of that non-fat crap) and blogging. Best therapy there is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home