Sunday, October 26, 2003

It's autumn, love

What with Elliott Smith's death and the Yankees' loss (although I didn't know it then), it seems like a pretty good week to be indoors snuggled in the couch in pajamas with one's poison of choice (mine is coffee), but yesterday found me in the city. I woke up early for a morning jog with my cousins but my evil sister left me standing at the bus stop (I thought we were meeting up there). So I ditched them and went to the city. I bought tickets to the 12:00 Kill Bill at Loew's and then went to Virgin to kill time. At the theater, there were only about six other people and during the lulls in the commercials, I could practically hear myself chewing my Raisinets. After the movie, I thought of going to a show as the TKTS booth was just about to open, but I didn't want to miss the Yankees game so I head to 34th (the Gap, H&M [which has an 80s theme going on], Macy's, Aldo, Ann Taylor, the works). I think this is the first time I went around the city by myself. It's refreshing shopping without anyone in tow. Unfortunately, one is also much more prone to getting distracted by pretty shiny things so I didn't have enough time for Soho. On the train home, I thought of getting off at Canal for some yummy wonton soup, but I didn't want to risk missing the game. The cousins invited me to dinner and the game at their house, but I opted to stay home, too tired and not really in want of anybody's company.

The Yankees played an okay game, the Marlins were just... better. After Beckett tagged Posada and as the Marlins were starting to realize that they had won the series, the stadium itself was eerily quiet. We were just so sure we were going to win, weren't we? You have to hand it to them though, winning in six on the other team's turf. Bummer. Erm, I can't believe I'm talking sports.

Sigh. At least I'm watching the Death Cab/Mates of State show tomorrow yipee!

{What I Could Stand For, Mates of State}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home