Sunday, October 06, 2002

What's in the box?

Yesterday, I found out a terrible secret. It's something that the people concerned don't know about. If I say anything, people could get fired for divulging information that is confidential for now. It bothers me that if years ago, if this was one of those quizzes that claim to tell you who you are, and I were asked if I would tell them, I would, without hesitation, say yes. But now, confronted with the situation and the complications, I know I will never say anything.
-----------------------------------
While reading Me Talk Pretty One Day on the train, I had to look away and skip a few parts lest I get mistaken for a creepazoid. Seriously, I was forcing my lips not to tremble and emit guffaws. I had to cough about 27 times because I was in serious danger of laughing out loud, and not just a giggle either. The hyena kind of laughing out loud. Lesson learned: Never read Sedaris on the train. Read it in the privacy of your bedroom where you can laugh out loud all you want.
-----------------------------------
After work yesterday, I had lunch at the McDonald's with a piano. An Asian woman was playing lounge music: "Look at me, I'm as helpless as a kitten up a treeee..." Sometimes it's a Duke Ellington look-alike playing jazz up there (on a ledge on the second floor), and the waitress always whips a (paper) place mat out just as you sit down, and you forget for five seconds that it's a McDonald's. I got off at Union Square because I remembered I had my sister's Barnes and Noble card, and that I was thinking of getting a Japan travel guide. Well, I ended up with a travel guide AND a workbook (which I started on last night) and Ellis' The Rules of Attraction.
-----------------------------------
I watched Seven again for about the umpteenth time yesterday. It's one of my favorite movies of all time, and I was telling a friend who didn't like "slow" movies that I would have liked it more if it weren't for Brad Pitt. Strange, but two of my favorite films (Seven and Fight Club) have him in them, despite the fact that he's easily one of my least favorite actors.

"Information travels faster in the modern age, in the modern age..." - Information Travels Faster, Death Cab for Cutie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home